One of the most common services we offer is document translation. Many companies or individuals who operate in two or more countries may require a professional translation agency to meet their ongoing needs. For this reason, in this article we will explain which type of translations are the most common for us, so you can decide if you also need this service.
What do we mean by “document”?
Good question. There are two main types of documents.
These are documents that must comply with regulations or laws. Translating them is a bit more complex, not so much because of the difficulty of the text, but because it requires sworn translations.
This means that the linguist who performs this task is not an ordinary translator. The objective is for the document they translate to have the same legal validity in the target country. This type of process is very precise and controlled. Therefore, not only is it legally required to use a sworn translator, it also helps make the text clearer and easier to handle.
This type of document can be understood as practically any text produced by a company that needs to be translated into another language. From expense reports, to strategy documents, personnel files or anything else.
These documents also require a certain level of specialization. For example, if the document is the syllabus of an online course, ideally a translator specialized in e-learning would work on it. Alternatively, a scientific article needs to be proofread by someone who has proven knowledge of the subject matter.
For these types of files and tasks, it’s always best to have a team specialized in different fields, so they can take care of any type of text.
The long list of sworn translations
What kind of documents must be handled by a sworn translator? Let’s take a look at them:
- Powers of attorney: One of the most common types of document. The idea is that one person grants specific powers or authorities to another, for example, over a bank account. This way, the proxy can legally act on behalf of the account holder.
- Business registration: This is an essential document for the incorporation of a company. The business will therefore be a legal entity that can operate in different ways, either by creating a capital fund, starting a company, managing a fortune, etc.
- Annual accounts: Companies must provide an annual report recording all of their financial performance, from income to expenses, assets, records, etc. Translating this document is necessary, for example, when a business wants to start trading abroad, or when it wants to bid for public tenders outside its own country.
- All kinds of contracts: From the signing of a regular product purchase to a one-time service. Today, business and employee internationalization is already a reality. A Spanish brand could require a French professional with a very specific profile, and, to hire them, they would need to offer them a legally binding document in French.
- Fiscal documents: Be they fines, court rulings or any document issued by a public organization.
This is not a comprehensive list of files that require a sworn professional, but they are the most common and important.
Translations for business or professional use
A translator can also specialize in different fields, addressing the specific needs of each of them. For example, as mentioned above, a professional with a scientific background can work on texts in this field.
Documents that would fall under this category can be of all kinds: scripts, e-commerce product descriptions, a financial market analysis, etc. However, even though they don’t require legal verification, these documents still need to be properly taken care of, and this is a service only an expert can offer.
That’s why, for documents that don’t require legal certification in order to be valid, our advice is to contact experts in the field who can work on them correctly. This ensures that your text does not contain inaccuracies or generalizations and that every fragment is analyzed with the care it deserves.
Translating documents is one of the most in-demand services we offer at blarlo. We can easily take care of your documents, regardless of their type, be they legal or for private use. If you need this service, don’t hesitate to contact us!