Translating from Catalan into Spanish could be just what companies looking to break into new markets need. After all, language is the key to effective communication in business, which is why it’s important to pay special attention to it. One thing is certain though; companies can benefit from this service: non-profits, all kinds of associations, or even cultural publications can make the most of this in ways they could never imagine. The most important thing they need to do is turn to experts who can do the job to the highest possible standard. Here’s a rundown of what goes into this in more detail.
Why translate from Catalan into Spanish?
Below are just some of the most compelling reasons:
- Expand your market. If you’re a company that, up until now, has mainly communicated in Catalan, then you’ve more than likely only been targeting a Catalonia-based audience. If you want your company to grow and break into new markets, then you’ll need to target the rest of Spain. You won’t have any difficulties in the legal environment and, from a cultural point of view, it’ll be plain sailing. All you need is a team of expert translators on hand to tweak any linguistic differences.
- To connect with Spanish speakers in Catalonia. According to statistics, up to 50% of the residents of Catalonia speak Spanish as their first language. What’s more, roughly 8% of them don’t understand Catalan at all. Honing in on this percentage could do wonders for your business. This is a way to open up to a much wider market.
- As a strategic decision. Sometimes such actions are lacking a clear and direct function. Instead, they’re taken as a way to revive the image of a company or organization. Using Catalan and Spanish can make your company come across as stronger, with a broader business model looking towards new horizons, etc. It’s something all companies should look into.
Who could need this kind of service?
So far we’ve only looked at the business world, however one thing’s for sure;everyone from private individuals to non-profits could do with this service. Let’s take a look at a few examples.
1. Private individuals
There are countless reasons why someone would need something translated. Imagine the following: someone has written a novel in Catalan that they’d like to release in Spanish. Well, getting it professionally translated could do the trick to preserve the most interesting aspects of their work while, at the same time, tweaking any minor errors that are spotted.
2. All kinds of organizations
There’s no shortage of charitable, social or simply non-profit associations that might need an expert translation at some point in time. For example, a Catalan sports federation might be looking for a hassle-free way to translate all their communications. So, this is where a translation agency comes in.
In the same way, some social movements could raise more awareness by reaching out to like-minded associations in other parts of the country. Translating documents or other relevant information will make it easier for them to communicate effectively.
3. Publishing or communication services
News agencies, city councils or small local establishments are aware of the importance of getting their messages across at the right time. If they’re already issuing press releases in Catalan, they could also issue the same one in Spanish to the national media. One way to get that taken care of is to outsource it.
This could also be the case for magazines or other types of publications: everything from entertainment to scientific or academic journals.
Why should you always leave this in the hands of professionals?
Sometimes the vast difference between a job well done and one that is rough around the edges is severely underestimated. An agency doesn’t just offer convenience by taking on a workflow and sticking to deadlines. It will also tweak any mistakes it spots and make the text perfect according to your needs. If you need a professional standard job, then turn to experts.
Now you know why translating from Catalan into Spanish can come in handy. If you need something translated from Catalan into Spanish, or any other type of translation for that matter, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We’ve got a team of experts on hand to advise you every step of the way. Get in touch with us. We can’t wait to hear from you!