In ecommerce translation, professionalism is essential to be able to precisely adapt the description of each product or service that you office to the target language. To this end, it is key to be able to have the help of a specialized agency.
Translation in electronic commerce and its influence on the internationalization of your business
If you want your business to have the international scope that you deserve after so much effort, don’t forget to follow these tips:
Choose a specific language or a more generic one to reach potential customers from different countries. Options like English or Chinese are always good for it to be easier for you to reach the greatest number of people with your proposal. French, German, and Italian are other alternatives used by a good number of Spanish companies.
· Only trust experienced professionals who specialize in electronic commerce translation. They are more familiar with the target language and the types of techniques that must be used to get the most out of your shop.
· Choose products that have a good price even with shipping costs. Remember that you have to factor in the cost of each item’s translation for everything in your catalog.
· Don’t forget that your customer service department must be made up of individuals who can answer questions in the target language.
Key aspects for the translation of an online shop
Even if you take into account the aforementioned factors, you may not how to recognize a good translation. Check if the following objectives are met:
· Does it adapt to the market where you want to sell your products? You should work with the currency in the target country, include well-known courier services in that nation, and make it easy to use the common regional payment methods.
· Does it include a section on the law for each country? Data protection and other legal aspects must be complied with. An explanatory section must be included.
Likewise, just in case you have had the temptation, you should avoid the use of machine translation. The results that they yield are not advisable and, in addition, they cause confusion and a lack of trust in your product catalog.
When managing your translation of an online shop, don’t forget:
· Add a translation for all the products that you are selling or, depending on the case, the most commonly sold products that you want to emphasize.
· A selection of your site’s static pages. The sections on the history of your company and the one about customer service are very recommendable for translation as they improve the image of your business.
· The menu, the different catalog categories, the footer and the contact forms.
As you have seen, the translation of an ecommerce site has to meet some minimal conditions for it to become a door open to your company’s internationalization. Contact professionals in the sector and you’ll see just how fast your company’s profits increase. Trust us!
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)