SEO translation is aimed at improving a website’s, or web page’s, position in search engines. Here, we’ll tell you why an increasing number of people and organizations are turning to this highly specialized activity.
What is the purpose of SEO translation?
To stay relevant, businesses need to appear in the top positions of search engine results. Otherwise, it’s practically impossible for potential customers to find them, unless the organization uses:
– Paid advertising media
– Solid social media strategies
Even in these cases, it’s necessary to adequately translate corporate messages. It’s not enough to simply transcribe them, since poor communication can scare the public away.
In short, a good translation is important to capture the attention of internet users. Whether you want to attract customers, share your résumé, or boost your blog’s popularity, a translation agency can bring professionalism to your online content.
How does a translation agency work with SEO?
The key points of any agency working with SEO are:
1. Produce a correct translation of the content. Please note that Google penalizes repeated word strings on different pages and machine translation. So the content needs to be high quality and correctly translated to satisfy both the search engines and the public simultaneously.
2. Study the keywords that your target audience will use. This includes the use of SEO software (Google offers a good number of tools), the study of your competition’s communication policy, and the use of marketing techniques. Choosing the most appropriate search terms in the sector makes it easier for the public to find you. In addition to this, it’s necessary to carry out a specific localization process to adapt your keywords to your target audience’s uses. In other words, it’s not enough to transcribe the keywords. Instead, you have to adapt them according to local usage.
3. Optimize the text and its metadata. This step is highly technical and can be as basic as entering keywords in strategic locations, or as complex as streamlining the page loading time and creating a good network of hyperlinks. Metadata are chains of information that are invisible to the user, but used by search engines to identify the content. For example, they define the characteristics of the multimedia elements, configure the URL, and add descriptions.
Requirements for advanced translation services
Advanced translation services also take other elements into account. For example, each search engine uses its own algorithms. And there’s a whole world beyond Google.
– In Europe and the United States, they also use the Bing and Yahoo search engines.
– Yandex is often used in Russia.
– And in China, Baidu is the most popular.
Furthermore, an agency that specializes in this type of translation should be able to work with the world’s most widely used languages. These are Chinese, English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Arabic, German, Russian, French, Korean, and Italian. If you want to position your business on a global scale, you shouldn’t ignore any of these languages!
Ultimately, SEO translation requires extensive technical and linguistic knowledge. So, if you intend to grow your presence in foreign countries, you need to hire the translation services of a specialized agency.